September 23, 2010

You're Late, You're Late...

...For a very important date!


I've always interpreted being late as being disrespectful to the person you've made plans with.  I always say "my time isn't less important than anyone else's!" yet when someone makes me wait I feel as if they believe that statement. 

It's true - EVERYONE is busy, everyone has places to be, people to see, and things to do.  The key is staying organizing and making priorities.

Being late (even if it's not to a very important date) frustrates your friends!  I try not to cancel or postpone my plans with friends unless I feel I have a valid reason.  But if I'm left waiting... and waiting... and waiting... it's just not fair!  I really appreciate the article Do You Have a Punctuality Disorder? by Max Strom via Whole Living Daily

What he says is true:  chronically running late causes stress, and sometimes distress to others and is a process of habitually creating chaos and self-induced anxiety.

So check your watch, plan ahead, and chances are you won't be late for your very important date!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails