November 14, 2011

A Goodbye


Over the weekend my family said our goodbyes to our forest cabin - something that has been in my life since I was born!  It is a funny thing to bid adieu to a material object but this was a place filled with so many of my childhood memories.  Every summer was spent at this place and I have the landscape memorized by heart.  We went up over the summer to finish cleaning and I snapped some photos of my favorite things. 



There won't be another time where we will be inside the cabin walls enjoying a family dinner, or sitting by the fire, or building stick forts.  Maybe we can't travel back in time but we can enjoy our memories and know our lives were better because of this little cabin!

Have a great Monday!

2 comments:

Lisa Graham said...

Looks like a lovely place to have memories.

Michelle Lema said...

i love this little cabin so much - so glad i got to spend time there over the years! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails