June 14, 2010

Dream... and then DO!

There are a few places I'd like to visit before this summer is through.  My excuse?  I don't have enough time!  Weekends seem to be swallowed up months in advance.  True, wedding preparations are time consuming and often need to be completed on the weekends.  Not to mention the weekly errands and chores that need to get done.  All of this combined with working full-time often leaves us "too tired" to do the fun things.


Pmmmfff.


What works for me is scheduling in advance.  I have about six calendars I use to organize my time.  Anal?  OCD?  Impersonal?  Perhaps.  But also comforting.  When I schedule something I can stop worrying about wanting to do do that thing - all I have to do is await the day!


The article Don't Think; Do: Your Dreams Will Thank You by Tammy Wise courtesy of Whole Living Daily inspired me to think about this subject in depth.


We may be "too tired" or "too busy" at this second but we are likely to regret not choosing to accomplish something in the future because of these excuses.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails