June 02, 2010

Forgive Me



































"Forgiving someone or something that hurt you is really an act of kindness for yourself."


While I've always known I tend to hold grudges (which isn't the healthiest of habits), I've only recently uncovered that perhaps the real issue is the inability to forgive.  To say the least, I struggle with forgiveness.  It sounds silly but I feel like if I forgive someone then it makes the hurt they caused me to never have existed.  This, of course, isn't true.  But I find that the act of forgiveness is something that needs to be practiced.


"...forgiving does not mean you will let yourself make the same mistakes twice..."


Whole Living Daily is Whole Living's blog and everyday multiple articles are posted on a variety of topics.  It seems I am literally learning (or discovering) something new everyday.  One of yesterday's articles, Forgiveness Isn't a Feeling, It's an Act, really hit home for me.  As obvious as it is, I never thought of forgiveness in this way but I look forward to releasing some of my pent up hurt.  After all, keeping it with me isn't helping me live a better life!


[Photo is of Washington Park, Portland, OR.  July 2009.]

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails