May 14, 2012

Hana Hou!


Hello, friends!  J and I had such an awesome and relaxing vacation on Oahu and have had an extra treat of a whole weekend at home to regroup (you know how it is after a vacation - all of a sudden you have things to do!).  






The Hawaiian phrase hana hou roughly translates to do it again or encore and on this Monday as my body sits in my cubicle at work, my mind is still on the island... so, friends, let us travel back to Hawaii - can you feel the steady breeze, warm sun, richly humid air?  I am transported back in an instant!





For ten days we hardly did anything but relax, sunbathe, swim, eat, read, people-watch, and nap on the world famous Waikiki beach.  We did, however, see Pearl Harbour and rent a Jeep (awesome!) for two days to drive around the island.  I was able to show J the UH campus, Pali lookout, and my other favorite beaches around the island, among other beautiful sights.  




I'll be sharing more photos throughout the week - no harm in extending that holiday feeling for as long as possible!  It is just what we needed!

1 comment:

Lisa Graham said...

Welcome back Dee...sounds like you had a wonderful time...can't wait to see your photos.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails