June 18, 2012

Hawaii - Pali Lookout & UH



I have the serious case of beach withdrawals today!  If I happened to find myself at the airport you'd see me at the Hawaiian Airlines counter buying a one-way ticket.  Alooooha!


For two days J and I rented a Jeep and toured the island - I wanted to show J all the places I've been - especially the UH campus!  It was so awesome and surreal to be back, it was as if time stood still and I'd only been there the week before... funny how that happens, right?


Our day started at the Pali lookout - a famous (tourist) spot with views of the windward side of the island (looking towards some of my favorite beaches, Kailua and Lanikai - see later posts!).  This spot has high winds but the view is worth it!




 A short drive away (it's an island, yeah!?) is the University of Hawaii, Manoa campus where I spent a summer and I was so excited to show J!  I was there seven years ago... time really flies!  I love this campus and as we walked we were both scheming of ways to return as students.  Who needs real life, anyway?







 This is Dean Hall where I had my classes.  



 The stadium with Waikiki in the background - not a bad location, eh?


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails