February 16, 2012

Cardamom Cupcakes

Spices!  I love to incorporate spices into my cooking (especially Indian flavors) and now into my baking.  For awhile now I've been wanting to try using cardamom (isn't that a great name?!) in a dessert and I found an excellent recipe for cardamom cupcakes on the Alpine Berry blog and they turned out to be so delicious!  Such a warm, comforting flavor - reminiscent of your favorite chai tea latte (or perhaps a chai float?).


In lieu of the masala chai frosting I opted for a simple vanilla icing with a few sprinkles.  Although next time I will definitely need to give it a try!



These cupcakes are a wonderful alternative to the plain jane white cupcake/cake - I think I might know what I want for my birthday cake!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails