June 09, 2011

Positivity



I've been missing my blog lately and I need a pick-me-up!  I am fortunate to say that there are only a few things that I'd change about my life if I had a magic wand... and while I have a wonderful life otherwise, sometimes those things creep in and cloud my vision!!  It's been one of those weeks.  So I've turned to something that can lift my spirits - my "Positive Sounds" compilation I made for myself awhile back.  I want to share the words!

1.  Go Your Own Way - Fleetwood Mac
"...Open up, everything's waiting for you, You can go your own way, go your own way..."

2.  Live For Today - Grass Roots
"Sha-la-la-la-la-la, live for today, and don't worry 'bout tomorrow... we were never meant to worry..."

3.  Make it Mine - Jason Mraz
"I don't wanna wait no more, no, I wanna celebrate the whole world, I'm gonna make it mine, because I'm following your joy..."

4.  You Can't Always Get What You Want - Rolling Stones
"No, you can't always get what you want... but if you try sometimes you just mind find, you get what you need..."

5.  Lost - Coldplay
"Just because I'm losing, doesn't mean I'm lost...just because I'm hurting, doesn't mean I'm hurt..."

6.  King of Anything - Sara Bareilles
"Who cares if you disagree?  You are not me, who made you king of anything?  So you dare tell me who to be?  Who died and made you king of anything?"

7.  Say - John Mayer
"...living out the same old moment, knowing you'd be better off instead, if you could only... say what you need to say..."

8.  Love is on Our Side - Frank Popp Ensemble
"...Love is on our side, when times get rough on this wild ride, remember love is on our side..."

9.  Stand by Me - Ben E. King
"...no, I won't be afraid, no, I won't be afraid, just as long as you stand, stand by me..."

10.  Fix You - Coldplay
"...but if you never try, you'll never know just what you're worth, lights will guide you home..."

11.  The Remedy - Jason Mraz
"...I won't, I won't worry my life away... you can turn off the sun, but I'm still going to shine, and I'll tell you why..."



*Picture taken at Tilden Park in Berkeley.  One of my happy places!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails