August 02, 2010

August



I will be married two months from today!  It is so surreal!  I've been amazingly productive over the last few months with planning and preparations and even though I still have an overwhelmingly long to-do list, I am so confident I will accomplish my goals.  As long as I have them written down on the "master list" I feel in control.


Things haven't been the easiest all the time - especially when the human factor comes into play.  I could write an entire book about the lessons I've learned about dealing with people (family in particular).  Sadly, I've also realized throughout this experience that weddings do not always bring out the best in people.  James and I have become a much stronger couple through it all. 


On to happier notes..... I love all the elephants I'll have incorporated into the decor.  My vision is slowly coming to life:  rich, vivid burgundy, cranberry, plum and cardinal red linens, whimsical flower pom-poms, romantic Moroccan candle-lit lanterns, golden Indian-inspired jewelry, rustic wooden chairs, tantalizing food from around the world, dramatic dahlias, peacock feather boutonnières, sparkling champagne, colorfully clad bridesmaids and groomsmen, excellent world music, floral garlands, inviting floor/bench cushions, happy, smiling faces....


And most importantly, the happiest bride and groom that ever was!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails