August 12, 2010

Smart Dogs

Yes, I'm the dog owner that converses with my pet as if she could answer (well, she does with those expressive eyes!).  I'm the dog owner that treats my pet like she's a small child (who doesn't?).  I'm the dog owner that knows, no, swears, that my pet can understand me and what's going on in her surroundings.


YES.  My dog is smarter than your honor student!  Ok, not quite - but I had to poke fun of those obnoxious bumper stickers.  Nick Dodman, D.V.M. via Whole Living comments on just how smart our little pups really are in his article The Intelligence of Dogs.  This explains why Piper gets visibly excited and giddy when we're a few blocks from my house, or when she sees I'm reaching down to the lower shelf in the pantry to retrieve her biscuits.


Maybe she can't understand exactly what I'm saying, but at least she listens!  And she always knows the mood I'm in and responds accordingly.  Perhaps we can learn a thing or two from our furry friends!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails