August 19, 2010

Trying to Remember

Lately I've been struggling with myself.  I can't seem to remember to stop, take a deep breath, and tell myself to calm down.  All around me emotions are running wild, there is a seemingly never-ending to-do list, and there is a cloud of negativity threatening to rain on me.  It has been hard to combat these feelings myself.  I am lucky to have a support system - but ultimately I need to resolve these feelings internally.


Mostly I am floating high in the air hanging on to my balloon filled with excitement, love, and giddiness!  But there are certain days when my hand slips and I have to pick myself up again after being disappointed yet again.  Sadly, I don't think the disappointment will end here.  How do I adopt resiliency?   
I need a weekend retreat where I can be silent and still and return to the place in my mind that is comforting, honest, and true.  I know who matters to me, and I know who I matter to.  There's nothing like a wedding to clear up this issue!  I didn't want this to be a struggle - does it have to be?  Am I overanalyzing again?  Or am I trivializing the matter? 

How do you pick yourself up?

1 comment:

Dee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails