August 06, 2010

Discover Your Presence

Another Friday!  Another striking article from Whole Living.  It is one of my favorite magazines to receive each month and I look forward to reading it cover to cover.  (If you haven't seen an issue before, what are you waiting for?).  This magazine is my number one inspiration for living a healthier, happier, and more mindful life.


A blog post a few days ago caught my eye:  You Matter More Than You Think: The Art of Developing Presence by Max Strom.  Perhaps I've been extra emotional lately, but I have been struggling lately with the fact that I feel invisible to others.  There are many instances I feel taken advantage of emotionally, disrespected, and underappreciated.  Are these normal feelings?  Am I being unrealistic?  Maybe.  But I also deserve to be treated the way I treat others.  Right?  There are times I feel I give too much and receive a fraction in return. 


After reading this article I realized that maybe I have a weak presence.  Am I not accessible emotionally to others?  Maybe I give off a negative vibe?  Just thoughts... I'm intrigued by the three keys to developing presence.  These will be clipped and pinned on my bulletin board.  They seem promising!


Happy weekend!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails