March 02, 2011

Ravenna, Italy [Honeymoon Part Nine]

Ravenna was such a gift.  I had no expectations of this city and I was delighted!  It was an especially crisp fall day with newly fallen leaves and a chilly breeze.  We meandered through the streets just enjoying the shops, churches, piazzas, and cafes.  Fun fact:  Dante Alighieri is buried in Ravenna (I had no idea)!  My humanities professor would be proud. 

I truly enjoyed all the great details we discovered on our stroll... wrought iron fencing, door knobs, old wooden doors, stone walls... What a fabulous city!
















2 comments:

My Castle in Spain said...

Beautiful blue DS !
Enjoy your fabulous honeymoon! :-)

luna said...

The photos are all so beautiful! I definitely love it and this for sure is one reason why one should go check our Italy! - italy travel deals

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails