March 01, 2011

Tuesday Tune [PJ Harvey Part I]

PJ Harvey is an old favorite who was introduced to me by an old friend.  Songs transport us and re-listening to her songs takes me back to my early college years, orangey warm fall days, and memories of San Francisco.  She's been around for years and years (I even saw her at the Warfield in the City) and recently I've heard remnants of Harvey's music in others' works (think Florence and the Machine).

I've hand selected a handful of my favorites and I hope you enjoy her words and sounds!


"Threw my bad fortune off the top of a tall building (!), I'd rather've done it with you..."


"...a rooftop in Manhattan, one in the morning, when you said something, that I've never forgotton..."


"...still the question lingers, I twist it 'round my fingers, could you be my calling?..."


"...send me, please, his kisses, send them home today..."


What do you think of her music? She's not mainstream and chances are you haven't heard of her - I think she's an undiscovered gem!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails