April 10, 2012

Happy Birthday to Me!

Today is my birthday!  Alas, I am holed up at the office (7 more working days of tax season...) but I celebrated over the weekend by getting my nails done, enjoying a delicious Indian dinner with friends (which is exactly what I did last year!) and then dancing the night away.  I was so lucky to have my best friend in town for a second year in a row (I'm so spoiled now) and it really made everything extra special.  

 Tonight J and I are going to a nice dinner and then I hope to stay awake long enough to relax at home!  These looooooong, looooooong work weeks + workouts + sleepless nights have officially caught up to me and you can tell by my blog.  I hope to be back soon, friends.  I don't like that work consumes my life and leaves me with little energy to do much else.

And since it's Tuesday... how about one of my favorite songs for my birthday:


"...Oh, it doesn't mean much... it doesn't mean anything at all... and sweet surrender, is all that I have to give..."

2 comments:

Lisa Graham said...

Happy Birthday Dee!!!!!! I am so glad you got a chance to celebrate this weekend! Hope you get to repeat the fun this weekend!

Wishing you all the best birthday cake your busy schedule can handle today and this week!

Love your Tuesday Tune...I have this CD...I think I need to get it out again. I will play it today and think of you in honor of your birthday : )

xo

Dee said...

Thank you so much, Lisa, for your words! Sarah McLachlan is my very favorite artist, her music is like comfort food for my soul!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails