April 07, 2011

Let's Go To... San Juan



Puerto Rico!  I never expected to find myself in Old San Juan but two years ago James and I began our Caribbean adventure in this fantastic city!  I fell in love quickly because this historic city has everything that I find attractive:  narrow, cobblestone streets, winding roads and a city on the hills, colorful buildings and lush vegetation, tropical weather, delicious food, views to die for, and a lot of charm! 

I'd love to return and explore the rest of Puerto Rico but today let's daydream.....

The hotel we stayed at was amazing.  I had searched and searched and finally found the perfect match:  Hotel El Convento.  It is a newly renovated hotel in Old San Juan (perfect location) that used to be a convent in the 1600's.  The gorgeous lobby opens up into a fantastic courtyard that houses a 300 year old tree!  There were archways galore (my weakness), bougainvillea, tile floors, and coloful walls.  Perfect.

 I would most definitely be strolling through the breezy outdoor hallways, finding my way to the rooftop pool to enjoy the sun and some cocktails!

Hotel El Convento was hands-down one of the most charming, atmospheric, beautiful hotels we've ever stayed at.  It is on my list of favorites! 

What is the best hotel you've ever visited?

[Photos courtesy of Hotel El Convento.  Someday I will post my own shots!]

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails