April 25, 2011

Opa!




Over the weekend, James and I hosted a barbecue with my friends from work to celebrate (some more) the end of our busy season!  The theme was "GREEK" and we went all out!  (One of our favorite go-to lunch spots is a local Greek eatery that is to die for so why not recreate the deliciousness at home?).







We had chicken and onion kebobs that marinated in yogurt, olive oil, rosemary and lemon juice overnight, spinach and feta spanakopita, a Greek salad complete with feta, olives, onions, tomatoes, and cucumber, delicious tzatziki, and of course there was plenty of hummus and pita bread and wine!  We even had homemade baklava for dessert.  Everything was FANTASTIC!


I need to be better about snapping pictures because I realized later I missed out on a few!  Too many glasses of wine for me!






































The boys topped off the night playing with fire in our new chimenea we picked up on our getaway to the coast.  Overall it was a great night with great friends and a perfect way to celebrate!


Opa!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails