December 09, 2011

Agra - Part One [India]




Aimee and I woke up quite early to get to the Delhi train station (the streets were eerily quiet at 5 in the morning...).  The fog followed us all the way to Agra!  Here we visited the Agra Fort and the one and only Taj Mahal.



"The Agra Fort was probably the most beautiful fort I've ever seen.  I was so unexpectedly delighted by the exotic wonder of it all.  There were arches everywhere.  Everywhere!  Serious heaven - just gorgeous!  The red walls looked amazing against the muggy skies..."




"I loved every detail and every thought of my fantasy of life within the fort walls coming alive.  The intricate details of the stone work and the blend of the Hindu and Islamic art made my mind reel.  If the air quality was better we would have been able to see the Taj from the fort (it was built across the river so it could be gazed upon from the Fort)..."

















































I am still SWOONING over these arches.  This is pretty close to perfection in my book!

3 comments:

Lisa Graham said...

Fantastic architecture! Your photos do it justice.

Dee said...

Thank you! India has plenty of photo opportunities - and no need for editing! Beauty was everywhere!

El said...

Your photography is getting to be sooooo good!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails