December 08, 2011

Dehli [India]

"My favorite thing is to go where I've never been."   [Diane Arbus]



"We hopped in our yellow and black taxi and met India with open hearts and tired minds.  Delhi is a maze of crowded streets (dogs, monkeys, cows, men peeing street-side, child beggars, and goats, oh my!) lined with very dusty tropical plants.  It was so much to take in - my eyes didn't know where to start!"



"Delhi is huge, loud (horns everywhere), colorful, and dirty.  Rickshaws / tuk-tuks everywhere you look.  Dogs sleeping in the shade.  Men on bicycles.  Women in coloful saris.  Everything is high energy and everywhere I look people are laughing."

We took a taxi tour around Delhi (we were only there for one day) and we saw the Qutub Minar (photos below), the Gate of India, parliament, and the Lotus Temple.  It was "foggy" for the first few days of our stay in India - although I'm inclined to believe it was mostly pollution with fog mixed in.







































"Day One:  check.  India, here I come.  Camera at the ready!"


*The text in quotations is directly from my travel journal.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails