December 16, 2011

Udaipur [India]





"Udaipur is gorgeous - the lake city!  We took a walk into the city where we passed a large city garden and stopped at an artist's gallery to get a demonstration of miniature paintings.  I got a tiny peacock drawn on my nail!"






"We visited the city palace and it was truly beautiful with vistas of the cityscape and the lake.  The breeze felt so nice and the atmosphere so peaceful despite all the tour groups.  I'm so glad we visited."






"We spent the evening on a boat ride around the lake and enjoyed the peace away from the bustle of the city.  Just as the sun was going down the sky turned purple and the buildings pink... After enjoying drinks on a rooftop bar we saw a cultural show with wonderful dancers and musicians!"







"I spent our second morning in Udaipur practicing yoga with a local instructor.  I can now say I've practiced yoga around the world!  And for the rest of the day we shopped - I really am in shopping heaven here..."





No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails