December 22, 2011

Goa [India]



Goa - our last destination on our Indian adventure!  We flew from Mumbai and we stayed in the town of Calungute and it was a lot more low key than I imagined it to be.  It was certainly very tropical and warm and I instantly felt like I was on a vacation within a vacation - everyone else around us was on holiday, too!


It wasn't until very recently (the 1960's) that India gained their independence of Goa from Portugal.  There is still a large Christian population and we even heard some Christmas music being played at the hotel - the first sign of the holidays!  It has been strange to be away from home when the holiday season is in full swing!


We spent our last days shopping in the markets and enjoying delicious meals on the beach.  It truly was the best ending to our adventure! 












3 comments:

Lisa Graham said...

Wow, what a fantastic trip! I've never seen barbies like those...how awesomely culture-filled. Your photos make me long for a vacation and some Indian cuisine...love Nan and the spices they use! There is a restaurant here in Wichita called Passage to India...think I will go there again soon.

Looks like a wonderful trip. Merry Christmas!

Lou said...

Oh my that food looks delicious!!! Looks like you had a blast love :) Glad you finally made it to your dream destination!

Dee said...

Thank you both! I thought I'd had my fill of Indian food but looking at this photo I'm drooling!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails