December 15, 2011

Pushkar [India]


"Pushkar is one of the pilgrimage sites for Hindus and the whole city has a magical feeling.  The city surrounds Pushkar Lake and so many of the buildings are painted a very light blue - the reflection on the water is beautiful - and we watched the sunset and the lighting was perfect!"


(See the temple sitting on top of the tallest hill?  That's where I hiked!  See below...)



























"I can safely say this has been the most interesting Thanksgiving holiday I've ever had!  My day began with a hike before sunrise to a temple on one of the mountain tops overlooking the city. It was a steep climb but worth every step!  I watched the sunrise and gave my thanks for everything in my life.  The sunrise was a bit hazy but I welcomed the day - and so did the monkeys!  They were everywhere!"





















The picture directly above is of a country home - there were the cutest puppies running around the yard!


"And for the grand finale to Thanksgiving evening!  An evening camel safari to the sand dunes 
outside the city.  Wow!  We had dinner by a bonfire and watched gypsy performers (and joined in ourselves!) and enjoyed the evening."






No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails