February 23, 2011

Dubrovnik, Croatia [Honeymoon Part Eight]


Croatia!  It was amazing to see the place where half of my father's family came from.  I wish my family could have experienced it with me but I'm hopeful we can make a return trip.  The weather was dark and rainy but it only added to the mystique of the walled city of Dubrovnik.  The water was a bright blue against the grey sky and the wind was whipping my scarf, we had to duck into a cafe for coffee and tea during a downpour.  We strolled through the old city, saw a fruit market and walked up the narrow stairways passing many doorways and colorful cats.  I also bought some beautiful handmade earrings from a man who knew a village near Split where members of my family live!  I can't wait to return!

As we were leaving port, the wind was so strong we weren't allowed on deck.  I was able to snap a few photos and feel the winds before going inside.  The waves were gorgeous against the dark green coast.

















No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails