February 10, 2011

Matisse























I am really inspired by this piece of art by Henri Matisse - Interior Flowers and Parakeets.


Our bedroom is the only place in the house with bare walls.  If you know me, I don't like bare walls - I want to be interested in every room I visit.  We have a grouping of three Moroccan glass lanterns hanging in one corner of the room (opposite our bed) and I think the print above would look fabulous on the same wall.  A tarnished silver or bronze frame would look great!


I also love the print below (also by Matisse), Music.  I am very fond of groupings - do you think these two pair well together?  I can't decide.  I think a third piece is needed to tie the two together or perhaps this piece is better suited to another space altogether.























I love knowing I could wake up every morning see this prints first thing.  They're so rich and colorful!  Are they too different to pair together?  Your thoughts?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails